|My Future Mother-in-Law & I|
I bought a pattern for an apron from Wal-Mart. When she was visiting for Thanksgiving 2014, I decided to get a lesson from the sewing master (yes, she's THAT good). I was honored that she taught me.
My first project was Simplicity A1526. I bought fabric for an Adult apron for me, and I wanted to make one for my niece for Christmas.
- She taught me how to read the back of the pattern envelope.
- Two-hour tour of Jo-Ann's. We purchased fabric, thread, ribbon, pincushions, and pins.
- Understanding the fabric layout and what to do with the large tissue paper patterns.
- Pin and cut the pattern from fabric.
- Thread the machine and bobbin.
- Deciphering the language instructions. I still have trouble with this step.
We started at 1PM and finished my apron project at 11:30PM (breaking for dinner, talk, etc.). She helped along the way, and I am proud of the outcome.
I am hooked!! Up next, I have to do my niece's by myself. Oh boy!